St. Clair II

The SS "St. Clair", built in 1937, was the second vessel in the ownership of the North of Scotland, Orkney & Shetland Steam Navigation Co. Ltd. to bear the name. With a break for Admiralty service during WWII, she operated on the route between Aberdeen and Lerwick until 1960, when she was replaced by the first purpose-built motor "St. Clair". This painting is in oils on hardboard, is 24 x 18 inches in size, and was bought through this website by Dr Forbes Smith from Victoria, Australia.